Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coffee Cake Muffins!

Posted by Picasa

We made these Monday (I think) and they turned out OK but not quite as good as I hoped, because they were supposed to make 12 mini muffins and they only made 7 very large regular muffins(lets just say they were over the top;) At any rate that gives me some information to give you, don't over fill these ones!

Coffee Cake Muffins

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil and stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened
Spoon 1 Tbs into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 tsp. of nut mixture and  about 2 Tbs. of batter. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Bake at 400 for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 min before removing from tray. Yield 12

Enjoy!!

Sam-Editor of Muffin Men Inc

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Hello! I just found your blog (through the Del Sisters Blogger Profile) and I am enjoying looking through the archives. Do you take all the pictures posted on "The Muffin Men Inc." or do Hannah & Esther?

I'm apart of Cross Country Bakers, so you may have seen some of my pictures on the CCB blog. (We're listed as "The T. Sisters")

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings, Hannah T.

Daisy said...

They sound good,
I made a coffee cake once so i'm sure these tasted good too.


Olivia

Muffin Men Inc. said...

I apologize! I haven't been on our dashboard in ages!!! Yes, we do take most of the pictures ourselves, but Hannah and Es do help occasionally;)

I hope y'all are enjoying doing CCB!

Sam

Jordan Pirch said...

Hey Sam!

Jordan Pirch